Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Puri / Golgappe

Dahi puri
 
I absolutely love pani puri, there are times when I actually wake up dreaming about the roadside panipuri.......I especially like this one place near my home, where he makes the best panipuri.
I have however heard from friends that its not the cleanest of places to eat but then again one can never be sure if anything anywhere is absolutely clean, but we still eat there all the time :) and also the friends who say that the place isnt clean !!

Anyways coming to the point these puris were very easy to make, I made very little coz I thought that these would not fluff up and then I would have to use them as papdis. Only thing that I would do differently next time would be to cut out bigger circles for bigger puris.

I turned these little beauties into the best Dahi puri ever by stuffing it with some mashed seasoned potatoes, curds, chopped onions, tomatoes, mint and corriander and finally drizzing curds,sweet chutney and chilli powder on top. The photo here is missing some sev which I did add later.



Ingredients for the puri
  • 1 cup Fine semolina (sooji)
  • 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • water to make dough
  • oil for deep frying

Method
  1. Mix the sooji, all purpose flour and salt together.
  2. Add water little by little to make a firm dough.
  3. Knead well and cover with a damp cloth and rest it for 15-20 mins.
  4. Knead again for a minute after the dough has rested.
  5. Roll out the dough into a big roti and cut out circles, keep these covered with a damp cloth again, till its ready to be fried
  6. Heat oil in  a big pan, fry the puris on a medium heat. It will fluffy up almost immediately when put in the oil.
  7. Take it out when its fried on both sides.
  8. Let it cool down completely before storing  in an airtight container.

Enjoy!!



12 comments:

Tina said...

Delicious..

Shama Nagarajan said...

drooling...

Kannada Cuisine said...

My mouth is watering :( I love love love chats of all variety... Gonna make this for dinner tonight

Julie said...

love this anytime..
Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
in the following ongoing events-
Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

Priya Suresh said...

Seriously cant take my eyes from ur click,super tempting panipuris.

Recipeswap said...

Thanks ladies.@ Kannada cuisine I'm so excited hope it turned out well for u.

Cham said...

Ahh who doesn't love this one? Beautiful and delicious!

Shabbu said...

Yummy recipes...happy to follow u..
Do visit my space in your free time...
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

sounds new & tempting
Tasty Appetite

Anonymous said...

Super tempting Golgappe, looks so yummy.

Unknown said...

looks absolutely delicious...thanx for sharing the recipe for making golgappas !!!!!

http://www.onlyfishrecipes.com/

Pragyan said...

wow..did not know that semolina was the prime ingredient in the golgappa!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)