Friday, June 01, 2012

Strawberry Cheese cake


This cheese cake isn't just any cheesecake , it's special because it's made from goat cheese. I recommend that next time you want to make a cheese cake , try using goat cheese, it's just so much more silky and it's very light.


I generally don't like cheese cake much but this one was just too good to pass up, I made this for my husband who likes this for dessert rather than a chocolaty dessert (like me).

Recipe is from frijolita, do check it out for more good recipes.I added some crushed strawberries to the batter before baking and added some strawberry sauce on top just before serving. Other than that I followed the exact same recipe.

Ingredients

  • 11 ounces mild fresh goat cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup crushed strawberries
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 6 large eggs, separated
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Prep a springform however I used a pie plate lined with foil.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese with the granulated sugar and vanilla and beat at medium speed until smooth (I used my food processor) Beat in the egg yolks, 2 at a time, incorporating them completely before adding the next batch. Beat in the flour at low speed.
  3. In another bowl, using clean beaters, beat the egg whites until firm but not dry. Beat one-third of the whites into the goat cheese mixture, then gently fold in the remaining whites. 
  4. Add in the crushed strawberries, mix lightly.
  5. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 mintues, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. 
For the strawberry sauce -  lightly crush some strawberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar and set aside for 10 minutes

8 comments:

Alpana said...

Am drooling looking at this awesome cheesecake.......

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Strawberry season is almost here and I can't wait to try those luscious berries on some cheesecake.

Priya Suresh said...

Elegant and super fabulous looking cheesecake.

Lavanya said...

Nice combo n looks perfect
http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

Kannada Cuisine said...

Love strawberry cheesecake, never tried one with goat cheese though.Always thought of goat cheese as something too savory for a cheesecake. Must give this one a try

Unknown said...

Very nice pictures and looks very yummy

Unknown said...

Very nice pictures and looks very yummy

Vimitha Durai said...

Yummy creamy cheesecake

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)