Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Fish Cutlets


The weather these days seems to have a mind of its own, not that I'm complaining -because its been quite cool and really pleasant. Times like these call for really delicious deep fried food especially in the evenings, since I'm not too much into deep frying - these shallowed fried cutlets were just right- crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

I usually make chicken cutlets but this time I used fish and it turned out to be nice. Use fresh fish for best taste and flavor.



Recipe : Indian non- veg delights

Ingredients

  • 1 lb fish, skinned and cubed
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic and ginger paste
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 2 green chillies chopped
  • 1 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped corriander and mint leaves
  • 1 medium sized potato - boiled and mashed
  • 1 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp lime juice
  • 1 cup bread crumbs ( I used italian bread crumbs)
  • 1 egg beaten
  • oil for frying
Method
  1. Cook fish on a hot pan till done on both sides.
  2. Cool flake it.
  3. Heat  1 tbsp oil in a pan, add onions, fry till brown.
  4. Add ginger and garlic paste followed by the salt, chilli powder, turmeric, green chillies.fry for 2 minutes and mix well.
  5. Add the above to the mashed potatoes and also mix in the fish, cumin powder and lime juice and mix well.
  6. Form into cutlets, dip in  egg and roll in the bread crumbs.
  7. Place 4 cutlets on a griddle and pour 1 tsp oil around each cutlet and cook till brown on both sides.
  8. Serve with mint chutney or ketchup.

17 comments:

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Drooling here....Which variety you have used here? Shallow frying is a good option

Tina said...

My all time fav one..Looks delicious and yummy.

Jaya M said...

I love fish cutlets..give me some with onions/green chutney and I am a happy girl..hugs

Recipeswap said...

@rasoi- I used tilapia but any fish will do.

Kannada Cuisine said...

Have been thinking of fish a lot, just put off by the smell. Sunny boy loves fish and got to do something about it. The cutlet looks delicious.

Julie said...

Super tempting n delicious ones..love it!

Join me in the ONGOING EVENTS-"Ginger OR Pepper Corns/powder(EP Series-May) ,
Show me Your HITS 'Iron Rich Foods'
ERIVUM PULIYUM

Shama Nagarajan said...

superb cutlets

Poornima Nair said...

Aweosme! I love these for burgers too!

Priya Suresh said...

My son's favourite, he can have it anytime..beautiful looking cutlets.

Reshmi said...

One of my fav... very tempting
do visit Noel collections

Cham said...

Ahh my mom does fish cutlets! Looks superb and I love to taste it!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

I am so going to try this ...delicious..:)
Tasty Appetite

Pragyan said...

Love the click..fish cutlet is one of my favorite too! Fish cutlet, rice and mixed dal - wow! :)

Lavanya said...

Lovely site. I m ur new follower. Do visit my site when you get time
http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

Recipeswap said...

Thanks lavanya for following. Will visit ur site righ now.

Unknown said...

fish cutlets look absolutely delicious n mouth watering !!!

http://www.onlyfishrecipes.com/

simran said...

lovely fish cutlets.......you have a lovely space.following you through the gfc.....do drop by my space when you get some time:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)