Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stuffed Jalapenos


I have been thinking of going on the SBD again though I look the same and feel the same, since my weighing machine is broken( thanks to the daughters inquisitiveness and constant manhandling)I cant really say for sure.I keep my weighing machine in my kitchen,yes in my kitchen coz everytime I plan on indulging I look at my machine and feel like I'm a culprit on the run.Tomorrow I swear I'm going to buy myself a machine and will not let it get destroyed. I have spent the last week baking and eating and mind you I have been quite happy too not quite guilty coz I wont know till tomorrow.

Last week I made a Apple pie and brownies,I'm trying to finish up the apples that we got from apple picking.Brownie recipe I got from all recipes and seriously this was the first time I baked a brownie and it was perfect,chewy and all chocolaty.

I am super exicited about Deepavali too coz I'm planning in having an Chaat and Mithai party.Its been ages since we had any get together with some of our friends.If no one has any big plans it will be fun to spend the festival together.
For Chaats I'm thinking of papdi chaat, dahi batata puri,Bhel puri and pav bhaaji.
Dessert-Rasmalai,Jamuun and laddoo.

Jalapenos poppers are one of my fav things to eat especially when the weather is getting cold or actually anything fried but when I'm trying to avoid frying,I like to bake .Here is Stuffed jalopenos and this an experiment which turned out good.





Ingredients

6 jalapenos,deseeded and cut into halves
1 cup salsa,add some extra chopped corriander leaves.
1/2 cup cooked and chopped fajita chicken breast pieces
4 tbsp cream cheese
salt

Method

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
  2. Mix the salsa,chicken and the cream cheese together.
  3. Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture.
  4. Sprinkle alittle salt if required.
  5. Bake for about 20 mins till the cream cheese is soft and the jalapeno looks a little shriveled at the edges.
  6. Serve with more salsa.

30 comments:

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Great starter....yummy

Kannada Cuisine said...

I love jalapeno bajjis.. This is a nice low calorie take on the bajjis.. A must try. I guess it should not make a big difference if i omit the chicken :)

Savi-Ruchi said...

this is a very tempting & delicious starter or a full meal too :) can I omit chicken in this;)

Unknown said...

Looks tempting!!Yummy starter ..Bookmarked it.. will try it.

Sanghi said...

Mmm... delicious jalapenos..!

Veggie Belly said...

Amazing! I love jalapenos and I love your idea of stuffing them.

Tina said...

Perfect starter..looks so delicious..

chef and her kitchen said...

Perfect starter for me and ofcourse without chicken..:)

Sushma Mallya said...

wow an innovative dish and a perfect one for get together...looks very delicous neema

Rohini said...

Delicious starter.. Will try it sans chicken ;)

Shama Nagarajan said...

mouth watering recipe dear.....very much tempting......please do participate in my first cooked food event....check my blog for details

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Baking is the way to go N33ma:D

Raks said...

I Love this,mouthwatering,I can try without NV :)

Lena Jayadev said...

wowww......im drooling here...this is an awesome shot..you garnished it nicely...u could have send it to Pavithra's "garnish food " event.. :)

Suganya said...

Hot and mouthwatering appetizer. Looks so good. YUM! Colorfullll

Palidor said...

They look yummy! I like that you baked them.

Yasmeen said...

Wish I could join in the party,menu sounds fantastic! must try these hot delicacies:)

Cham said...

We just die for this snack! Delicious!

rosasdolcevita said...

This sounds wonderful!

PS: I've been using the scale but ignoring it for the past little while. Will have to pay attention to it sooner or later. ;-)

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Lovely stuffed curry and a good click

Jaishree Iyer said...

looks so delicious..Wish u & your family Happy Diwali!

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Looks so excellent and delicious!!!

Happy diwali to you and your family dear, may this diwali light up your life with prosperity and lots of happiness!!!

Juliana said...

Never thought on stuffing jalapeno, looks delicious...I can imagine the flavor of it...yummie!

Malar Gandhi said...

Cheese and jalapenos...wow, count me in..LOOKS SO PERFECT!:)

petite nyonya said...

Oh, I would love to try this stuffed jalapeno but I thk it's really spicy right? Anyway, it sure gives a kick. Happy Deepavali/Diwali and enjoy the celebration!

Cynthia said...

Happy Diwali!

AnuSriram said...

Looks so colourful and yummy!

Namitha said...

A very good starter...I love jalapenos :-)

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Hi N33MA, i'm living in NC. Are u from NC?

my kitchen said...

Lovely jalapenos.very good starter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)