Hope you all had a wonderful Deepavali.
Our Deepavali turned out great we had our Chaats and Desserts party, it felt almost like the Deepavali back in India with friends and family.Initially we had few ppl coming for the party but somehow almost everyone made it and it was wonderful.We didnt burst crackers coz I think its like burning up money and most importantly it is unkind to the ppl,animals and the environment.
We had Papdi chaat,Bhel puri,Paav bhajji,Vegetable Pulao,curd rice,assorted sweets and mango pie.Im not posting any of the recipes from the party coz I didnt take any pics as usual.
I made chicken koftas last week and it really turned out well after an initial disaster.It so happened that I have an oster blender and jar.The recipe that I was refering to called for spices to be roasted and ground to a powder.With a big jar and abt 2 tbsp of spices its difficult to get it to grind up really fine.Thats when I put in my wooden spoon to mix it a little WHILE it was on and in a second the blade touched the spoon and it cracked leaving behind some pieces.I had to obviously throw that out and start all over again.Then I decided to make the chicken koftas my way and Im glad to say that they were perfect.I paired the kofta with some hot peas rice- thats just some microwaved rice with salt and lill oil and peas added to it when the rice is almost done.
Chicken Kofta Curry
Ingredients for the kofta
Method
Ingredients for the Curry
Method
We had Papdi chaat,Bhel puri,Paav bhajji,Vegetable Pulao,curd rice,assorted sweets and mango pie.Im not posting any of the recipes from the party coz I didnt take any pics as usual.
I made chicken koftas last week and it really turned out well after an initial disaster.It so happened that I have an oster blender and jar.The recipe that I was refering to called for spices to be roasted and ground to a powder.With a big jar and abt 2 tbsp of spices its difficult to get it to grind up really fine.Thats when I put in my wooden spoon to mix it a little WHILE it was on and in a second the blade touched the spoon and it cracked leaving behind some pieces.I had to obviously throw that out and start all over again.Then I decided to make the chicken koftas my way and Im glad to say that they were perfect.I paired the kofta with some hot peas rice- thats just some microwaved rice with salt and lill oil and peas added to it when the rice is almost done.
Chicken Kofta Curry
Ingredients for the kofta
- 1.5 cups Minced chicken
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- salt,chilli powder,corriander powder and garam masala as required
- oil
Method
- Mix the powders,ginger and garlic paste with the minced chicken and shallow fry in hot oil.
Ingredients for the Curry
- 1 large onion-blanched
- 2 tomatoes- blanched
- 3 tbsp cashewnuts soaked in water
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp Cumim seeds
- couple of spices like cloves,cardamom and bayleaf
- salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp corriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
Method
- Blend together the blanched onion,tomatoes with the cashews and the yoghurt.
- Heat oil in a pot ,when ready add the cumin seeds and the spices.
- Put in the blended mixture and some water ,salt and all the spice powders
- Cook well till almost done that is the raw smell dissappears.
- Transfer the kofta to the curry and simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped corriander or sliced jalapenos.
23 comments:
What lovely curry, and the brownie is a wonderful way to finish the meal.
yummy chicken...nice click...
love the chicken kofta curry...the brownies look delicious too!! :)
Both looks delicious and tempting!!Nice click.
Lovely brownies..
Both looks mouthwatering....
wonderful curry.....lovely brownie
Brownies look yum!!
Looks incredible your koftas!
You know how much I love chicken
N33ma:D
Very nice recipe dear, i have book marked it. Excellent click!
chicken kofta looks so scrumptious and I'm simply droling over the dessert; delicious meal!
Both look great :)
Both look so delicious..will surely try that chicken curry...
i love brownines. i can substitute cauliflower or potato in place of chicken and give a try. Accept my awards from my blog.
Brownies look delicious!
Delicious chicken kofta & Tempting brownie.Do visit my blog when u find time
Oh! I never had chicken kofta, sounds and looks so delicious, full of flavor :-). And what a nice endind...brownies...yummie!
warm koftas and warm brownies are heaven at the advent of winter! Love th pics!
Hi N33MA, they sure look delicious, and that chicken curry, I can imagine the scent of the spices you used.
Pass me the rice, please, ha ha.
Have fun and keep a song in your heart, Lee.
The chicken curry goes well either with rice or rotis. You're making me hungry!
Kofta's look extremely mouth watering....brownies look drool worthy...very soft...
Kofta is very inviting and nothing to add to brownies: simply perfect!
Post a Comment