Monday, October 05, 2009

Black Forest Pastry


One of my friends reminded me today that I have not posted any recipe in a long time and when I checked, it shows the last time as 16th of September.One big reason for my absence from the blog scene is my farm,yea a small little farm with animals (even elephants)......before you start guessing .....its the one on Face book called Farmville.The game is super addictive and its fun.I have been planting,harvesting,collecting milk,down feather and doing all sort of fun activities on the farm.If you guys have a FB account give it a try.

Update on my daughters school-she was fine on the first day,second day she cried so much for mommy that she threw up.........I'm happy in a way that she missed me coz after that first day I was feeling pretty bad.Now shes adjusted well and is happy to go to school,on the condition that I wait for her at home.

Coming to my cooking these days ,I have been making a menu plan and am sticking to it too(pretty much) this way I can plan my grocery shopping and most importantly dnt have to wonder what to make in the morning, this gives more scope to try different recipes too and cuts down on many trips to the supermarket.

This week I made a Black Forest Cake.

Basic chocolate cake is from Meating point
couple of tips from vah chef




Putting the cake together was fun,I'm not someone who is creative /talented in decorating but this def was a different experience.

31 comments:

Palidor said...

Yes, life gets busy and then it gets difficult to blog! I love the cake. I think you did a great job putting it together.

Cham said...

Love the choco curls... Seems u enjoy the farm!

Sailaja Damodaran said...

WOW...looking great

Manju said...

looks totally perfect! its my all time favourite! :)

Sanghi said...

Good to see your post neema.. Lovely cake decoration..!

Tina said...

Black forest pastry looks yummy...

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous Neema!

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi Neema. This is my favorite and just looking at the cake I feel like stealing it away from you.
You have done full justice to the cake externally.

chef and her kitchen said...

yummy..yummy..planning to bake one 2day..:)

Savi-Ruchi said...

without much creativity(as mentioned by you.., he he) you have done such a great job..looks like store bought ones.

Raks said...

Looks Fabulous!!Perfect looking one :)

Sushma Mallya said...

Awesome,so delicious cake..just loved the pic too...

Unknown said...

Blackforest cake is my fav....perfect looking cakes u hve baked!

Chitra said...

wowow, u made me drool, fantabulous !!

Unknown said...

Wow!perfect bake & looks amazing nemma.

Jaishree Iyer said...

Blackforest cake is my fav..Looks Fabulous!Made me drool neema:)

Jaya M said...

neema,
i am sure your lil one will do fine there in school .....it took almost 1-2 week for my lil one to adjust there and then going reverse "i dont want to go anymore"...trust me these will pass and she will make good friends there...and for cake ,it looks ready to be eaten..
hugs and smiles

Juliana said...

Yummie looking cake like the way that you decorated :-)

Kannada Cuisine said...

Love it...

Anonymous said...

Black forest is always my favorite, looks awesome!

Gita Jaishankar said...

Good to know that your daugther has adjusted to her school life :) Thats a lovely and decadent cake :)

Suganya said...

Lovely cake. Looks so good. Love black forest cake a lot. Nice and different try. YUM!

Saju Sharfu said...

Thank u for visiting my blog.You have a very delicious blog!!Love the cake.I am on a diet but you are making me rethink it!!!

Rohini said...

Wow Lovely looking cake!! Great job!! I love Black forest cakes!!

Thanks for dropping by! You have a great space. Following you! :)

Dhanya Ganesh said...

Cake looks delicious and yum. I am a huge fan of black forest cake. Luved the click:).

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow...nice to know that u r addicted to farmvillie....same with me dear....How 2 find u in FB? feel like gulping a piece right now....

Padhu said...

Wow! Black forest pastry looks yummy.My mouth started watering.New comer here.

AnuSriram said...

Cake looks mouth watering! FV in FB is very addictive! :) Me there on FB!

s said...

this looks pro....never had the guts to try this one out..although its a huge fav at home..

my kitchen said...

my favorite one,looks tempting

Indu said...

Yum, so much cream. This looks very good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)