Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Motichur Ladoo


Wishing everyone a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi.



This year I took on the task of making Ladoos which is Lord Ganesha Favorite sweet to eat ,I didnt quite expect it to turn out well.I had anticipated nice boondhi (coz I had tried it out once)but a disastrous sugar syrup which will eventually lead to boondhi coated in sugar syrup but not in the shape of ladoos.
I actually prayed :) this time before starting the process and looks like it helped.Also I thought that making ladoos would take forever but somehow it didnt take too long and most importantly tasted great.Thanks to Sanjeev Kapoor for this delicious ladoos.

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups gram flour
  • 500 ml. milk
  • 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
  • 3 cups ghee for deep frying
  • a fineholed shallow strainer spoon
  • 2 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3 1/2 cups water- but I like to use about 2 cups water or just enough to cover the sugar
  • 2 tbsp. milk
  • few drops saffron (kesri) colour (optional)

Method

Sugar Syrup
  1. Put sugar and water in a vessel and boil.
  2. When sugar dissolves, add milk.
  3. Boil for 5 minutes till scum forms on top.
  4. Strain and return to fire.
  5. Add colour and boil till sticky
  6. Add cardamom powder and mix. Keep aside.
Boondi
  1. Mix flour and milk to a smooth batter.
  2. Heat ghee in a heavy frying pan.
  3. Hold strainer on top with one hand.
  4. With the other pour some batter all over the holes.
  5. Tap gently till all batter has fallen into hot ghee.
  6. Stir with another strainer and remove when light golden.
  7. Keep aside. Repeat for remaining batter.
  8. Immerse boondi in syrup.
  9. Drain any excess syrup.But if using 2 cups water while making the syrup no need to drain
  10. Spread in a large plate. Sprinkle few tsp. hot water over it.
  11. Cover and keep for 5 minutes.
  12. Shape in laddoos with moist palms.
  13. Cool and keep it open to dry before storing in air tight containers.


29 comments:

Indian Khana said...

My fav is mootichur ladoo ...looks so tempting..wow

Unknown said...

Looks really fantastic.. nice pic..

Shama Nagarajan said...

lovely ladoo................looks perfect

Unknown said...

Wow thats tempting!

Kannada Cuisine said...

That is some delicious looking Ladoos.. I am sure lord Ganesh is more than happy to get them ;) I would be..

Gita Jaishankar said...

Those laddus look so perfect and awfully tempting :)

Subhie Arun said...

my all time fav ladoo......looks perfect n delicious!

Cham said...

Ladoos are perfect!

ST said...

Ladoos looks gorgeous:)My favorite one...

Savi-Ruchi said...

Three cheers to you. Indeed a great job. They look soo adorable & delicious.

Priya Suresh said...

Wow Laddoos looks fabulous...feel like grabbing few from the click..

Jaishree Iyer said...

Wow!lovely ladoos..looks so tempting.Nice click!

Parita said...

These are my dad's fav..would love to make for him :)

Shaista Tabrez said...

hmm...ladoo loooks toooooo gud

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Looks like the prating worked N33Ma!!! These look delicious!!

Jyoti V said...

Ladoo looks so tempting ...
Thank you for your lovely comments..

Sanghi said...

How are you neema?! Lovely ladoo dear..!

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Wow great laddoos, they are tempting:)

Vijitha said...

Nice ladoos yaar!

Sum Raj said...

perfect ladoos..and ur goan shrimp curry makes me drool yaar..its superb good..

Dori said...

Yum, It's giving me a sweet tooth!

Saritha said...

Fantastic,i would have never tried it,looks great.It's been ages i didnt eat this

Nazarina A said...

Praying does help! Your Ladoos will be picture perfect on my table when I break Fast today. Mentally, I have already prepared this delicacy!

Sanghi said...

Do pick ur award from my blog dear!

Vidhya said...

laddoos look really yummy. Nice click

Purva Desai said...

wow....they are my fav......they have come out perfect

Pragyan said...

Wow, could never imagine making motichoor laddoo at home..to be honest, am scared to try it! My favorite sweet though..it it turns out right, I owe you a big one! :)

Cynthia said...

So often, life comes full circle eh?

Tina said...

Wow perfect homemade laddooo...thanks for this simple recipe dear....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)