This was a perfect laid back weekend, we went to Myrtle beach with a friend and had a great time catching up,though I did the usual baby sitting in the hot sun with the daughter building castles while the husband and friend were drinking away to glory.
We did spend a lot of time on the beach and the result a horrible tan which refuses to go,so I just have to wait it out I guess.The daughter was too scared to get into the water and I understand her being so tiny the waves must have looked huge to her.
I was very glad to find Joe's Crab shack and the food was excellent,I loved the crab nachos.......creamy and full of flavor.
Before I forget,we stopped in Florence SC for Lunch and we spotted a crowded Restaurant,I always believe that if there are a lot of ppl waiting then the food must be good and I was right.The place is called Hibachi grill and its the buffet type with sushi and grill and everything.Place was clean,nice aroma and not the stinky kind of sea food smell ;).The food was awesome...needless to say I loaded up on my share proteins.
Anyways here is a very berry tart, the combination of the tangy berries with the creamy custard and the sweet raspberry jam is to die for.
I actually made a decent enough fruit tart and was quite happy with the results.I'd definitely make a few changes......the crust can be thinner and will keep it out for for sometime before serving it.
Berry Tart was the result of sudden craving,fridge full of different berries and it was easy without much planning going into it.do try it.
You need
For the dough :courtesy Baking Blondie I followed the exact directions and it was good,though I shaped into a bowl by lining a bowl with parchment paper and greasing it.
The custard:I used the Indian Brown and Poison vanilla flavored cuatard powder and followed directions for the moulded pudding.
For the glaze: Mix 1 tbsp raspberry jam with 1 tbsp water and microwave for 45 seconds,most often apricot jam is used but I wanted to go with the berry theme.When cool add the berries/fruits(blue berry,black berry and strawberry)to lightly coat it.
To Asemble.
When the dough is cool,fill it with the custard and arrage the fruits on it.Its as simple as that.
Sending my Very Berry Tart to Festive Summer Food
28 comments:
Delicious Tart neema..Looking yum..
You had fun! And I love the tart, I saw Martha Stewart make something similar yesterday, looks simple enough to make. Nice.
Thanks Pooja.
Anu I had a great time,I like Martha stewart's recipes.
i love these kind of tarts..custard and jam n berries!!! yumm!
Beach is laways fun, after some sun bath we can go and taste all the seafood they sell around :)
Berries are flooding here, looks cute the tart!
Sounds like you had a great trime at the beach Neema. Your tart looks delicious indeed,
Yummy Berry Tart Neema, seems u had a great time at beach...
The tart looks so delicious and lovely :)
its mouthwatering :)))
Your berry tart is more than decent, looks great and very yummie. Thank you so much for visiting my site, I really appreciate.
Even I am having some damn tan after the LA trip,which is simply not going away..:(..sounds u had so much fun n I loved this tart..the base looks so crisp :)
Glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend! I miss going to the beach. Hubby isn't one for the beach ... he's more of a mountain guy. Besides, there aren't any sandy beaches around here - only manmade lakes and it's not the same thing.
The tart looks and sounds wonderful. Great way to use up the berries.
I love such tarts...looks refreshing and really delicious.
neema,good to know you had agood time :))..
very bery tart really looks so delicious ..
hugs and smiles
We live just a bit more then 5 minutes by walk from the beach and now the weahter is getting better, we love going that side.
Love the berrycake, looks so beautiful and creamy delicous.
Thanks gurls for saying such nice stuff abt the tart.
Varsha I hope you tan fades off soon,mine looks like its staying for a while.
Rosabela my husband is not too crazy abt the beach like me.
Happy cook you are one lucky girl....I can only imagine how nice it must be for you.
Wow That looks simple and yummy lol.Love the Tart ..
Looks delicious! I'm drooling over your picture...
I love tarts .. looks delicious
Yummm... I love all with berries! Your tart looks so decadent! Delicious!
The tart looks soo cruncy from outside & soft from inside., it will be real fun eating them.
tart looks delish, nice post:)
yumy yum tart!
First time here...Tarts look wonderful,anything with strawberries and am in for it:)
Delectable tart,with berries in full swing,I'm sure enjoying them.Beach and Sand sounds fun:)
Thanks for visiting my blog Nithya.
Tart looks yummy and colorful.
Looks extremely yummy.. I love your blog template too.. :)
Here for the fist time and its a impressive blog that you have got. Keep it going. Will be here often.
Do take a look at my blogs when you find time. :)
Post a Comment