Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Paneer Gravy

I hope you guys had a great weekend as for me my weekend was good. I was busy but I had a good time with friends.we had some friends coming over from Orlando and I was very excited to cook something nice for all of us ,its always like that with me when someone comes visiting I find myself cooking with so much more interest and everything turned out well.It was more like a very laid back weekend just eating and chatting up.Afternoon a friend,myself and kids drove up to the mall and had a good time shopping.

I actually cooked quite a lot of dishes over the weekend but took pics of just a few as I didnt want my friends waiting while I held the food hostage taking pics for a while :)

There was paneer and rotis,chicken curry with rice,Pork as a starter and it goes well with scotch too,Masoor Dal with vegetables and rasam for the rice and finally a chocolate cake.I really wish that I had put everything in a plate and taken some pics.

Also I need to know,how you guys take nice pics.........my pics are just ok.I'm not really getting the hang of the lighting,the angle,the size etc.I'd be really glad if you guys can share some tips,I have seen the photo box thingie in someones blog and I really think I ought to give that a try.




Coming to the paneer recipe,I dont really know what to call it coz its a little of this and a little of that so for now I'm calling it Paneer gravy.


You need

  • 1 big onion
  • 3/4 can tomato puree
  • 1 block of paneer cues cut and fried in oil/butter
  • g & g paste
  • spices like cinnamon,cardmom,cumin,cloves
  • 1 cup cream
  • 1 tbsp garam masala
  • 1 tbsp chilli powder
  • 1 tbsp corriander powder
  • salt according to taste
  • 1 tbsp peas
  • corriander for garnish

Method
  1. Cut the onion into 4 pieces and microwe with water for 3 minutes or till its soft .
  2. let it cool down and then Make a paste of the onion .
  3. Heat oil,add the spices and the onion and cook till brown.
  4. Meanwhile in a blender,add the puree,the dry powders,g & g paste and blend well.
  5. Now add the blended mixture and salt to the onion and cook till the raw smell goes completely while stirring at intervals.
  6. Add the cream ,stir well and cook for 5 mins
  7. Add the paneer and peas and cook on a low flame for about 10 mins or till done.arnish with corriander leaves.







31 comments:

Finla said...

Wow that paneer dish really looks creamy delicous.
Yeah when i have guest i too sometimes don't want to take pic.
Sometimes i take picture so fast thant mostly it turns out really blurred.

Parita said...

Wow paneer gravy looks really delicious and creamy..yum yum!!

Pooja said...

Paneer curry is looking absolute delish..Guess you can name it as paneer masala :) Looking rich and creamy..

Gita Jaishankar said...

The gravy is so rich and creamy, I am sure your guests must have enjoyed it...nice picture :)

chef and her kitchen said...

That looks creamy n yummy...

Poornima Nair said...

Wow..the paneer looks creamy n delicious.
I too am struggling with pics at times...at times they come out good and there are times when I just can't get it right. But I've noticed that pictures are best when taken in natural light without the flash. So try taking pictures near a window during the day when there is enough light.

Adlak's tiny world said...

hm... creamy yummy gravy with paneer.. love to have right now.

Recipeswap said...

Thanks gurls!Poornima thanks for the tip,I will try that for sure.

AnuSriram said...

That looks rich and creamy! Nice recipe..

Manju said...

paneer looks nice and creamy! yeah, it happens to me many a times too..when i have people over i could take pics of only a few dishes. I dont want them waiting so that i finish taking the pics n more importantly i dont want them to think im crazy! lOL!

Varsha Vipins said...

same pinches dear..hee..we had also frnds on weekend n i cooked so many n I also had the same dish,but with chickn..gravy looks creamy n yum..:)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I made some paneer not that long ago and was surprised at how easily it came together. I am enjoying the thought of this dish.

Ammu said...

Looks creamy & rich. Nice entry.

Sharmila said...

The dish sounds great! And I agree with Poornima ... natural light works best. Also you can check for macro mode in your camera ... sometimes it does give great snaps. Good luck! :-)

♥Rosie♥ said...

Sounds like you've had a good time wit friends and what amazing food you served them!

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

yummy gravy... can i come over?

Cham said...

We went to picnic and made chicken tando...looks so creamy and delicious ur paneer!

Juliana said...

I love paneer, I always order it when we go to an Indian restaurant...do you know where I can find in Los Angeles area? Thanks!

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow that looks my kind of food....Simply yummy....

Recipeswap said...

Thanks for the tips Sharmila,I will b working on that.
Mahimaa you are welcome anytime :)
Cham-picnic we haven't done that in a long time

Usha said...

Paneer curry looks fantastic !

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

What a creamy gravy,and with paneer it must taste awesome:)

Vibaas said...

that looks soooo creamy and delicious!

anudivya said...

Yeah it is kind of tricky to take pictures when we have guests over and we are cooking all day in the kitchen. This looks superb.

Vijitha said...

Inviting panner gravy! so yummy n good.

Dori said...

Wow, wow, wow... looks so rich and creamy! I love your new layout!

Chitra said...

yummy dish with paneer:)

Unknown said...

Gravy looks rich n creamy!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Paneer dish looks fabulous!

Ann said...

Wow.. this look Yummilicious, I love Paneer anything!

Priyanka Agrawal said...

very creamy. it makes me hungry

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)