These last few days my palate and stomach have been pampered beyond control....yes yes we have been having lot of parties,dinner get togethers and I have been eating so very well to the extent that I' scared to step on my weighing machine ;)
Last night I finally made up my mind that I'm going to stop eating so many carbs,now that I generally eat less carbs eating even a little bit more than usual makes me feel very heavy and not to mention guilty.
In my quest for all things low carb I found two different dishes and paired them together to make a filling and nutritious platter.The bean patties are very yummy and very filling too.The mock mashed potatoes are the best especially for ppl who love potatoes but try not to eat too much this is one tasty alternative.
Black Bean Patties
Ingredients
Ingredients
I'm sending this great platter as my entry for 15 minute cooking and to WYF quick Meals
Last night I finally made up my mind that I'm going to stop eating so many carbs,now that I generally eat less carbs eating even a little bit more than usual makes me feel very heavy and not to mention guilty.
In my quest for all things low carb I found two different dishes and paired them together to make a filling and nutritious platter.The bean patties are very yummy and very filling too.The mock mashed potatoes are the best especially for ppl who love potatoes but try not to eat too much this is one tasty alternative.
Black Bean Patties
Ingredients
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinse
- 1/2 cup chopped onion,
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Mash black beans until thick and pasty.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan,add the onions and garlic and fry till done.
- Then stir into mashed beans , salt,chilli powder,cumin powder ,oregano and the hot sauce.
- Remove from heat and add half of the breadcrumbs to this mixture.
- Make patties and coat it with the remaining bread crumbs.
- Bake or fry on both sides till done.
Ingredients
- 1 cup cooked mashed cauliflower
- 3 tbsp cream/milk
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in a pan,when hot enough add in the mashed cauliflower and the milk and stir on low heat
- season with salt and pepper
I'm sending this great platter as my entry for 15 minute cooking and to WYF quick Meals
32 comments:
The mock mashes potat is calling me, The bean pattie and M.M pota make a filling dish together :)
wonderful post....how long did you bake? and at what temperature? I also like to bake things rather than frying....
Renu I cooked it on my tava,does not take much time nor oil.Bake it for abt 10 mins at 350 F.
Wow thats a great dish...I love those mock mashed potatoes, thats a great idea.
You lucky girl! Parties can't go on forever, so eat and enjoy family and have fun while you can! :)
Mock patties and mock mashed potatoes! Slurp!
I'm Always a fan of healthy recipes.. This is easy, tasty n healthy. Thanks for sharing. Never made it with black eye beans before :) looks fabulous.
love the idea of the mock mashed potatoes!! the patties on top of it looks soo yummy! great combo!
sounds interesting..yummy post..
Looks delicious...will try this dish....but cant we substitute cauliflower with something else as i prefer not to eat cauliflower.
Nice blog....ppl like me will love it who r foody!!!
take care!!!!
Tempting post...looks delicious!
first time here , nice collections and love this patties too.. Keep visiting regularly
Nice meal, love the combination of the bean patties with mock mashed potatoes. Great idea :)
Very interesting dishes...the bean patties are very exquisite. Looks very yummie.
lovely yummy spread...nice one
wow 2 interesting recipes.. very new to me. mock potatoes are a great idea.
lovely patties n mock mash....looking very yummy..
BB patties and mash potato.Yummmmm.im just drooling at the picture..
sounds healthy and filling one.both r new to me.thanks for sharing:)
This indeed is filling..last week when I had soaked in more of black beans, I used them to make cutlets with main difference being addition of fresh bread instead of crumbs...thanks for sharing this version and for participating in the event
Fabulous dish! Looks gr8!
Mocked mashed potato wow! seems so oozing with flavours and nice to pair it up with bean patties :))..
hugs and smiles
Wow! mouth watering pototos. It looks awesome.
Unique,never heard of these patties.Looks delicious :))))
Hi..very interesting dish..looks yum yum..first time here..lovely blog :)
Masoor dal recipes!:D
Enjoy girl. See you in June.
http://foodieshope.blogspot.com/2008/06/thukpa-with-ts-ja-adas-bis-silq-with.html
http://foodieshope.blogspot.com/2007/11/cuisine-of-bihar.html
http://foodieshope.blogspot.com/2007/05/very-soupy-week.html
http://aromahope.blogspot.com/search?q=masoor+dal
Very satisfying healthy meal,the mashed cauliflowers looks just as creamy as it should:)
wow..so quick n yummy dear..I loved the idea of mocking gobi for potatoes..:)
Healthy and yummy.....
interesting mock mashed potato :)
very healthy option i like it
This is what I call comfort food... and potatoes are okay I guess in moderation when one is on a low carb diet.
hst time here...nw u can expect me often..so quick n yummy post...:)
Thanks
Post a Comment