Sunday, February 22, 2009

S 's Chicken Biryani


Anybody who loves Chicken Biryani is bound to love this recipe.My friend S made this for her sons birthday and it was finger licking good.She usually makes it a little more spicy but never the less this was great,I remember the first time she made it it was so spicy that we were all sweating but still couldn't stop eating coz it was so damn tasty.




To make the Chicken Biryani you need

  • 2 lbs chicken
Marinate chicken overnight in 2 cup curds,1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste,chilli powder,garam masala and salt.
  • 2 cups basmati rice
  • 2 big onions
  • spices- shahi jeera,bay leaf,cloves,cinnamon,black pepper and cardamom
  • handful mint and corriander
  • 4-5 green chillies slit
  • 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
  • 5 tbsp Shan biryani powder
  • 2 tbsp chilli powder
  • salt
  • oil
Method
  1. Marinate the chicken for atleast 8 hrs or overnight
  2. Cook the basmathi rice till almost done and drain.
  3. In a big wok,heat oil,add the spices,chillies and ginger and garlic paste
  4. Stir in the onions and cook till its almost brown.
  5. Now add the mint and corriander followed by salt , Biryani powder and chilli powder.
  6. Put in the marinated chicken and let it cook till done.
  7. Assemble layers of chicken and rice on to a baking tray cover with foil
  8. Bake at 400 F for 30 mins.
S did add some food color while assembling the layers.
When the chicken is almost done you can do a taste test and add more chilli powder and biryani powder if required.

23 comments:

Varsha Vipins said...

Always in for Biriyani..such a yummy delicacy..Loved this spicy n yummy version..:)

Kannada Cuisine said...

Ha ha! I know when the food is good we do not mind how spicy it could be! Happened to me with a spicy Thai dish which I ordered very spicy and indeed it was, but i could not hold myself back.
BTW the biriyani looks good..

Unknown said...

simple and different recipe looks so intrsting dear

Chutneytales said...

The Briyani looks perfect and I got reminded of the one made by my best friend's mom ..She makes chicken briyani very spicy but we eat them becoz its tasty :)

lubnakarim06 said...

I too make my biryani bit spicy. Will try this version. Looks really yum.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have a similar dish on my things to try N33ma!!

FH said...

YUMMY!! I love the aroma of Biryani and looks so delicious Neema! Enjoy! :)

Shama Nagarajan said...

wow..spicy inviting biriyani...lovely

Cham said...

That looks so yum the biryani, how spicy is it we can have it with raita :)

Priya Suresh said...

Delicious dish, really inviting...

Sum Raj said...

mouthwatering biriyani...looks perfect.

PG said...

I've never made chicken biryani at home. This one looks so good.

Jaya M said...

Looks absolutely delicious ..
and spicy I am always ready for that..........
hugs and smiles

Priyanka Agrawal said...

oh yum! I gota try this out. I like how slender and seperate the grains of rice are. I often have a hard time achieving that when I cook rice :P

Saritha said...

wow looks delicious.

Andhra Flavors said...

what a wonderful biryani! loved that picture.

Sanghi said...

Perfect briyani!! looks lovely too..!:)

KonkaniBlogger said...

Aah, I love everything about a Biryani, frm taste, flavour, fragrance and looks..Yours looks delicious..

Dori said...

That does look super tasty!

vidhas said...

Neema since i am vegetarian i ma going to substitute with cauliflower.

Recipeswap said...

Thanks everyone for the comments,it was a delicious Biryani,make it spicy and it get even better.

Nazarina A said...

Now Biryani is my idea of comfort food. If you were to invite me for this dish, you would have trouble getting rid of me!

♥Rosie♥ said...

The Briyani looks really good and I have printed the recipe off to try this - thanks for sharing :0)

Rosie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)