Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Banana Cake


I made this on Halloween and ppl who like bananas enjoyed it since I hate bananas I dint like it......I think if you are going to try this,add some walnuts or pecans and also a cream cheese frosting to make it really decadent.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cups butter
  • 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 3 pureed bananas, very ripe
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla

Method

1.Pre heat oven to 350 F

2.Mix the butter, sugar and eggs well.

3.Sift flour and add the salt,baking soda and baking powder to the flour.

4.To this mixure, add the milk followed by the flour.

5.Add vanilla and mashed bananas to this mixture.

6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

30 comments:

Yasmeen said...

Yummy!I always make banana bread with ripe bananas and of course add some nuts.

raaji said...

that was so simple and that looked so spongy.......did u use over ripe banana.....

Unknown said...

I make these too often when i have overripe bananas.Looks too good!

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

Looks perfect with a cup of tea! yummmy.

Unknown said...

wow awesome recipe dear looks so yummy

Raks said...

WOw,that looks so soft:)

Jaishree Iyer said...

wow awesome recipeYummy!.Looks too good!

Finla said...

I am not a banana fan to eat them as a fruit, but when it is in cake or desserts i love them. So sure i will love this cake

Indranee Batabyal said...

Good one and looks delicious! Hope u had a nice Halloween...I have a gift 4 u in my blog.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is still the best way to use those leftover bananas:D

ST said...

Cake looks heavenly....

Laavanya said...

That looks so moist & delicious.. a cream cheese frosting will go really well with this.

Jaya M said...

It all looks so yum ...
bananan cake made with fully riped one taste evn more delicious.
I like to add some walnuts also..
Hugs and smiles

Gita Jaishankar said...

Hi, the banana cake looks so delicious and soft.

Deepthi Shankar said...

i love banana cake .. looks delicious .. will try N make this

Unknown said...

Nice entry... sounds delicious..

Usha said...

Looks delicious...so soft and spongy....

Sujatha said...

ah, my favorite cake.. Like comfort foods, I usually comfort cakes too, and this is one among them.. So easy and healthy and ofcourse yummy! good one.. :)

jayasree said...

Looks perfect. I bake eggless. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

vidhas said...

Looks so yummy, it so tempting.

Shama Nagarajan said...

hai nice entry........a gift for you...check out this link...http://easy2cookrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/oats-upma.html

Purva Desai said...

Banana cake looks irresistible.....have bookmarked this will try this soon....

Nazarina A said...

Did you say that you did not like bananas? Bummer! Your cake looks so moist and delicious!

Recipeswap said...

Thanks everybuddy for the nice comments.

Vibaas said...

Yay! I found one more person who hates bananas :-) Looks so good though..Maybe we can try with some other fruit :-)

Rosie said...

A wonderful banana cake! I'm always on the look out for banana cake recipes thanks for sharing :)

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

The texture looks perfect.. I like mine with walnuts!

Leslie said...

mmmm.I love anything banana. You dont???
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Sanghi said...

Great lovely recipies and pic.
Wish to follow you and keep in touch!

Megan said...

mmm this looks good! i make a really good banana bread and havnt heard of a banana cake, sounds differant but very good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)