
This recipe is going to one of my favorite bloggers..Val of More Than Burnt Toast...not only is she a great cook but also works for good causes to raise awareness.This time she is hosting the World Food Day Event along with Ivy of kopiaste...this event is to enlighten us about the hunger in the World and how we can put an end to it. Cheers to you both for contributing to such a good cause. I choose to make Veg Pulao because rice is the staple dish of most people in India and also many people are vegetarians.The vegetable used are from a local farmers market too.Ingredients
3 cups Basmathi rice
2 large chopped
2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
2 cups mixed diced vegetables(I used carrots,peas,potatoes,french beans)
2 green chillies slit lengthwise
2 Tbsp Spices (cumin seeds,bay leaf,pepper corns,cinnamon and cardamom) Salt according to taste
5 Tbsps oil
5 1/2 cups of water (to cook the rice)
Fried Cashwenuts for garnish
Method
- Wash and drain the rice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot,when hot add the spices,onions,green chillies and the ginger & garlic paste.
- when the onion are done add the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes or till almost done.
- Add the rice and fry till it becomes stiff.
- Go on to add the water and the salt.
- Cook on medium heat till all the water is absorbed- the rice should be done and fluffy.
- Garnish with cashew nuts.
12 comments:
Awesome pulav.... U have nice and lovely blog....
Thakyou so much for this wonderful dish representing India N33ma. I love Pulau especially if I add some cashews:D
lovely pulao .. very colorful
I love one-pot dishes like these that are filling and can always stand alone.
Perfect for a party..
Ages since I saw white rice, and it is so appealing. Oh I miss it!
lovly blog u have...nd also the pulao looks perfect
Hi Neema and sorry for being so late to thank you as I was and still am not feeling very well. You dish sounds great.
Done well few dishes can beat this one. It's among my favourites.
Sireesha- Thankyou I enjoyed looking at your blog too.
Val your very welcome.
Deesha-I love this type of a simple and easy dish.
Cynthia-oh yea,make this rice more spicy and it gets even better,I real like one pot meals tasty and easy clean up too.
Divya -thanks your such a sweetie for always dropping by and leaving nice comments.
AnuDivya-yea I miss rice so much when I follow the south beach diet but these days with the festivals around Im not watching what I eat... ;)
Suma thanks for visiting my blog...I like your blog too and have bookmarked a few recipes.
Ivy I hope you get well soon.
Today is World Food Day N33ma. Thank you once again for all your help in spreading the word about this global issue. The conga line starts now. Let's DANCE!!
So nicely seasoned just from glancing at the recipe... Looks delicious!
Post a Comment