Today its Ayudha Pooja and when we were in India it was done in a grand manner......but till date I didnt know why and when I was looking into it I found this website which gives details about such thingshttp://meerasubbarao.wordpress.com/2007/10/18/ayudha-pooja/ and many other things.
Also I remember that on ayudha Pooja all vehicles,electonics and other things are cleaned this is the only festival where people make non veg dishes along with some vegetarian dishes.
I made a simple Egg Biryani and White Karahi Chicken and I'm yet to make the dessert .I'm actually thinking of making an flan or an egg custard........lets see how that goes.
I got the Egg Biryani Recipe from here and the Chicken White Karahi was simple and tasty.


Ingredients
chicken 2 lbs
2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
3-4 green chillies
Ginger julliennes 2 tbsp
yogurt 1.5 cups
oil/ghee
Chicken white karahi spice mix 45 g
Method
- Heat oil/ghee,fry ginger and garlicpaste.
- Add chicken and fry till water dries up
- Add the spice mix yougurt and fry for about 5 minutes
- Cook on low flame till the chicken cooks.
- Add the ginger jullien,green chillies and simmer for few minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment