Thursday, July 10, 2008

Garlic Chicken with Brocolli


Each time I go to a Chinese Restaurant I plan to try a new dish but somehow land up ordering chicken in garlic sauce and I always ask for it to be spicy and loaded with broccoli.When my plate is placed in front of me I always eat the broccoli first and then I'm too full to eat the chicken and the rice.
My husband does not enjoy Chinese food a s much as I do and hence I dont make it too often at home but sometimes when I really feel like eating some home made fried rice, I make a nice chicken gravy to go with it(that way my husband wont complain)
I got this recipe from Veronica aunty who used to be my neighbor in India.....she also has written a cook book which comprises of Indian and Chinese recipes and when I came here,I did refer to her book back then.The only difference is that I put in broccoli.



This is her recipe for Garlic Chicken
You need for the chicken
  • 1 Lb boneless chicken
  • Ginger and Garlic paste
  • salt
  • Soy sauce
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp corn starch
For the Gravy

  • 1 big onion sliced
  • cornstarch mixed with water
  • soy sauce
  • vinegar
  • salt
  • crushed garlic pieces
  • crushes red peppers or 2 green chillies
  • broccoli
  • water
Method
  1. Marinate the chicken in gingergarlic paste,salt and soy sauce for about an hour.
  2. Heat 1 cup of oil to fry the chicken.
  3. blend together the egg,cornstarch and the all purpose flour.
  4. coat the chicken pieces in the egg mixture.
  5. fry till done.
Gravy
  1. Heat oil in a large pan ,add the crushes garlic and onions and fry till its slightly brown.
  2. add the soy sauce,salt,crushed bell pepper,vinegar and simmer.
  3. Add the cornstarch and cook till the gravy thickens a little.
  4. Put in the chicken and broccoli.
  5. garnish with chopped spring onions.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

This sounds delicious.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have missed so many posts N33ma from gallavanting across the countryside. This looks like something I would come home to:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)