Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Vegetable Cutlets


I usually try not to eat too many carbs but sometimes I really give up and go on to eat potatoes,bread,rice etc.I was on south Beach diet for sometime and I did loose a little weight but since I'm still nursing my baby I had to stop.It taught me how to balance my protein,fibers,carbs,fat etc .Never the less Im gald with the 4 pounds I lost during my 6 days with south beach diet.
When I do feel like eating an Aloo Tikki I usually try to add some fiber to it and then that become my Vegetable cutlet.My friend P makes an amazing beetroot cutlet which a much healthier versions,the next cutlet I make will be the beet cutlet.

For the Vegetable Cutlet you need
2 boiled and smashed Potatoes,1 onion chopped,2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste,vegetables like beans,carrots,peas,spinach.Chilli podwer,cumin powder,Salt, Garam masala and oil.
Method

Heat some oil in a pan when hot,put in the onion and ginger galiv paste and all the vegetables otherthan potatoes.

When its all cooked transfer the contents to another bowl and mix in the potatoes with all the other ingredients.

Mix well.

Make round discs

Heat some oil, place the potoato disc and fry on both sides till done.

1 comment:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These cutlets do sound very good
N33ma. I have all the ingredients:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)