Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Baked Tilapia

This is the first time that I tried this fish in a foil recipe,usually I shy away from putting food in a foil and baking it only because I like crispy baked food.This dish however was simple ,scrumptious and had the subtle flavor of the onions,garlic and bell peppers.More like a rustic meal.







Definitely wasn't crispy but it turned out to be juicy and cooked just right.Putting this dish together was a breeze and I baked it for 10 minutes only.I was thinking the next time I make this dish ,I'll try baking it without the foil.



You need

Tilapia Fillet,Lime pieces,sliced onions,green bell peppers,crushed dry red chillies ,salt pepper,olive oil and some cloves of garlic
Method
  1. Mix salt,dry red chillies ,pepper and the cloves of garlic into the oil.
  2. Place the fish in a foil and rub the above mixture onto both sides of the fish.
  3. Place the onion,lime and bell pepper slices on the fish.Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.

4 comments:

FH said...

I heard that Tilapia is great fish too cook, doesn't fall apart, got to try once although I don't cook with any ea food much! Looks great!:)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Another method of baking the fish is in parchment paper N33ma. Foil or parchemtn paper sure makes the cleanup very easy:D You need that with a little one around...wink...wink...

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

PS N33ma I have passed an award on to you so come on down when you have a moment:D

Cynthia said...

I like the baked in foil fish sometimes too, I generally serve it with a robust potato or rice dish. Like you, I prefer it crisp :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)