
I love Chinese food,be it in an authentic chinese restaurant,made in carts on the streets or very Indainised home cooked chinese dishes........I love them all.The one thing that I miss here in the US is the chinese food that we get in Indian restaurants.
Chinese is my type of comfort food -it reminds me of days when we would all bunk collge, go catch a movie and then eat some chinese food and then extract even the smallest change that we had, to pay the bill.
Also my father would take us out for dinner to these nice chinese restaurants in Bangalore and somehow he would always order just the right kind of dish for each of us. Oh those good ol' days........
To make the schezuan fried rice or any fried rice I always cook the rice one day ahead and store it in the fridge.
Heat oil, add plenty of minced garlic, followed by crushed red chillies,onions.Add a dash of schezuan sauce,vinegar and soy sauce
Go on to add shredded chicken and some small shrimps followed by some veggies like beans ,carrots,mushrooms,cabbage,bell peppers and peas
Add the rice,salt and very little chicken stock(optional)
Finally garnish with spring onions.

No comments:
Post a Comment