Friday, October 14, 2011

Caramel Pudding- won't go wrong again!!!


As most of u know I had a really difficult time with yeast initially (which is now well conquered :) )and then it was this pudding that always without a doubt flopped on me.I have no account of milk ,eggs and sugar that I have wasted in the process of learning to make such a simple dessert.

Getting this pudding right has been a lesson for me.........PATIENCE IS THE VIRTUE...........

I had always followed the steps to the process but not the timings.One things with the pudding was that  it would curdle, I had no idea why and then one day it hit me.I was caramelizing the sugar and when it was still hot I would pour the custard to it and that's why it would curdle.
So now as soon as I caramelize the sugar and pour it into the baking /steaming dish I always put it in the fridge and then I start making the custard that way it has enough time to cool down.



Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup sugar (for the caramel)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup(traditionally vanilla essence is used)
  • 2 1/2 cups warm milk
  • 1 slice of bread


Method 


1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.

2. In the meanwhile - Heat 1/2 cup sugar over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and is slightly brown. Pour the caramel into 4-5 ramekins/ custard bowls. Ensure that the bottoms of the dish are covered. Allow this to harden for 8-10 minutes in the fridge.

3. For the Custard - you will need to mix the 3 eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and the maple syrup . Gradually stir in milk and blend also crumble the bread in and mix again.

4. Pour the mixture into the custard bowls.

5. Place the bowls in a baking tray. Pour boiling water into the tray to reach half way up the sides of the custard bowls.

6. Bake this for 35-40 minutes Let the bowls cools for 30 mins and  then refrigerate this overnight.







11 comments:

Indian Khana said...

The pudding looks so good ...beautiful texture and caramel looks so yum

Unknown said...

Perfect, looks delicious

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It sounds like you have perfected it N33ma!

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

WQow!,Perfect Dessert for this Evening.Bookmarked it.U have a wonderful blog of impressive recipes here.Following U.

Kannada Cuisine said...

Looks super yum!!

Santosh Bangar said...

yummy puding

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Hy dear,
I love your recipes ..always doable n tasty..;)
Tasty Appetite

vandana rajesh said...

Caramel custard looks great..adding bread is new to me.TThe maple syrup must have definitely added to the taste of the pudding. This is one of my hubby's favourite and I make it according to his mom's never fail recipe.

Unknown said...

oh wow and ooh yum!!!!

aipi said...

Picture perfect n so delectable!

Sushma Mallya said...

Pudding has come out v perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)