Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Garlic Rolls


Finally I have conquered yeast,yes I mean the good old yeast.I have had so many failed attempts at making anything with yeast that I had given up until now.Sometime back when I was looking at Umm Mymoonah's blog Taste of Pearl City,one photo of garlic rolls caught my eye and eversince that photo I had been thinking of trying it out-only hitch it had yeast but I thgt to myself that Id give it one last try and voila it didnt flop on me,it turned out gorgeous-soft and fluffy.I cant stop smiling:)


!

Here is a super simple recipe for Garlic rolls

Ingredients for the Dough

Plain Flour- 400 g
Dried yeast- 3 tsp
Salt- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Olive oil- 2 tbsp
Warm Water- 150 ml

Ingredients for the Garlic Butter

Butter- 100 g( at room temperature)
Mixed dried herbs or finely chopped fresh coriander- 1 tbsp
Garlic- 3 cloves grated
Salt - a pinch.

Method

  1. Mix all the ingredients for the dough except oil and knead it into a smooth dough. Adjust the amount of water to get a dough.
  2. Then add the oil and knead it again to get a smooth and elastic dough.
  3. Place the dough in a clean, oiled bowl, cover it with a cling film and allow it to rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
  4. Meanwhile prepare the garlic butter by mixing all the ingredients together and set aside.
  5. Take the raised dough, knock the air back and divide the dough into two equal balls. Roll it out into a flat rectangle, spread the garlic butter . Roll it like a swiss roll. Cut the log into two equal portions, then again cut each pieces again into half. Repeat the same for another portion of the dough.
  6. Now you can bake this in a square cake tin, loaf tin or a round cake tin. Grease the tin, and arrange the circles inside without touching each other. Apply more garlic butter on top of the bread.
  7. Cover the tin and leave it to rise for another 30 minutes.
  8. Meanwhile preheat the oven for 350 F. Bake the bread for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
  9. Serve the bread warm with curries and salad or just by itself.

16 comments:

Finla said...

I love rolls and these garlic rolls looks so perfect and yumm.

Hayley said...

you are right when I saw them I got tempted too..yours looks mouthwatering too..love the pics !

Unknown said...

Wonder garlic rolls!! Would like to pick that rolls right away...!!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I have chicken soup in my fridge so all I need is your garlic rolls:-) Superb dear....

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Love2cook Malaysia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Love2cook Malaysia said...

U've got my favourite Ganesh as Ur avatar! COOL! :D

Raks said...

Wow,yummy,I love anything garlicky! Love this soft rolls!

vrinda said...

Gr8 job with garlic rolls...looks perfect...

Cham said...

They look delicious and buttery those rolls!

Lena Jayadev said...

woww.. i love garlic bread..but i never made bread or rolls successfully..2 3 times i made dough and tried .. result was very disappointing as it never rises..never it becomes in double the size.. :)

ths rolls looks super perfect and soft.

Lena Jayadev said...

woww.. i love garlic bread..but i never made bread or rolls successfully..2 3 times i made dough and tried .. result was very disappointing as it never rises..never it becomes in double the size.. :)

ths rolls looks super perfect and soft.

Sushma Mallya said...

Garlic rolls looks so soft and perfectly one, love the flavour of garlic...

Unknown said...

Hi,

The garlic rolls look great...Have come out well..Do visit me when you find time...

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Aparna S Mallya said...

Lovely rolls!

Deborah said...

Oh my goodness - those look absolutely perfect!!!

Pushpa said...

The garlic rolls look so perfect and delicious....

Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)