My grandmom makes the most amazing Channa dal vadas and this is her recipe which was passed on to her by her mother-in-law so its quite a handover .I have eaten this vada in many weddings,temples and functions but it is never quite the same as my grandmoms.I made these for Ugadi and am posting it now-yea I know Ugadi was in march :) .We finished it quite fast,coz there is nothing better than hot hot vadas.
Im very Glad to send this recipe to Deesha's South Indies -Taste of 4 States,where South Indian recipes from Karnataka,Tamil Nadu,Andhra and Kerala will be the showcased.I'm a south Indian and this means a lot to me too.Way to go Deesha....
Ingredients
Method
Im very Glad to send this recipe to Deesha's South Indies -Taste of 4 States,where South Indian recipes from Karnataka,Tamil Nadu,Andhra and Kerala will be the showcased.I'm a south Indian and this means a lot to me too.Way to go Deesha....
Ingredients
- 1 cup channa dal soak for abt 2hrs
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 3 T chopped corriander
- 3 T chopped Dill
- 1 garlic
- 1 cinnamon
- salt
Method
- Grind the garlic,cinnamon and salt first.
- Add the channa dal and coarsely grind,doest not have to be completely ground up.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add the corriander,Dill and the chillies.
- Mix well.
- Flatten out on your palm and fry till done.

30 comments:
yum! that looks like my mom's vadas. perfect!
Yummy, they are perfect crisp!
I love this one,surely going to try this weekend,and let u know!
Adding of dill is something new to me. Will try this next time. Masala Vada is my favourite too...
I adore masala vadas. looks nice n crispy!
Yummy vadas..Great to bite witha ahot cuppa coffee..parcle me some dr.;)
I love masala vadas which i dont make it often.Looks crispy
Lovely masala vada..We made this for tamil new year..Looks yum!!
yummy vadas.. looks so good.
vadas looks yummy dear...crispy..my fav..
vadas look yummy...love to make this anytime..
looks crispy , sure will try it out soon;)
Slurp! Yummy looking vadas. I posted one at FH too, great minds think alike,huh? :D
Yummy vadas..looking crispy....
Crispy looking vadas!
One of my favorite snacks...looks very tempting.
crispy delicious vadas neema.. do check my FIL roundup!
I like those vadas ,looks so yum..
hugs and smiles
Crispy vadas looks prefect...very tempting:)
Hey, you can send this to the current edition of MLLA being hosted by Coco.
Perfect. Looks crispy & sure it taste g8.
such a simple recipe for gr8 looking vadas!
Delicious vadas.. Drooling here! Wish i could grab some...
Oh yum, gimmee, gimmee, gimmee :)
Lovely masala vada.Looks yum & crispy..
I love to read about recipes that are passed down from generation to generation N33ma:D
Hi!! I have shared an award with you in my blog.. Pls accept it :)
These look really good, like the kind of thing I'd order when I got out, but never try at home. Maybe I should go for it.
have a gift for u ....please do collect it
Crunchy munchy vadas,looks tasty:)
Post a Comment