Monday, April 20, 2009

Maple Syrup Cake

This weekend was great,Friday evening I did the usual grocery shopping and then I baked this amazing cake.....yea I know I'm not sounding modest here but really this was a great cake.I always like chocolate cake but this one was excellent and believe me the whole house smells so good when its baking
.Saturday we took my daughter to Tiger world , a nice place where there are couple of Tigers,bears,birds,monkeys and other small animals.My daughter had a great time,we spent abt a hour an a half there and then went out for lunch and evening went to a friends house for Dinner ,the kids had a great time playing and we had a good time too.Sunday flew by.....didnt do much ,just helped a friend who was moving to a new home and had dinner together.

Coming back to the cake ,it surely reminded me of the honey cake that my Granddad used to get from bakeries when we were small.It was moist,juicy and had the lovely flavor of the maple syrup.If you are baking a cake next time do try this and I'm sure everyone will relish this cake.
I got the recipe from cooks.com but I made a couple of changes.






Ingredients
  • 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 3 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup milk

Method

  1. Sift first 4 ingredients together.
  2. Soften butter; add sugar and eggs.
  3. Mix maple syrup, water, and vanilla.
  4. Blend dry ingredients into creamy mixture and syrup, stirring gently.
  5. Put batter in a greased pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
  6. Drizzle more maple syrup when its still warm.

31 comments:

FH said...

I recently posted a Honey cake at Aroma, so I can imagine the aroma of Maple syrup. Looks mouthwatering. Pure Maple syrup is so expensive, did a great job with it! :)

Finla said...

Wow the cake looks so moist and delicious. My sis send me a whole bottle of maple syrup when hubby visited her, i still have to use them.

Pooja said...

New to me..Cake is looking moist and yummy neema....

Recipeswap said...

Asha since this cake came out so well I was thinking of making honey cake the next time.Will follow your recipe.
Happy cook you should try making this cake,it almost like a comfort food.
Thanks Pooja,this was indeed very moist.

Vani said...

Looks moist and delicious, Neema. Just caught up on your earlier posts. The one about feeding the kid resonates with me. It's in our DNA to obsess about the child's eating, I think. Glad to see that plate of pasta, potatoes and veggie was all eaten up!

Unknown said...

Looks soft & Yummy.. nice click..

Manju said...

it looks sooo very moist!! mus have been delicious! and looks like you had a good weekend :)

Malar Gandhi said...

Aaah lovely thats an interesting cake dear.

I even liked ur masal vada, looks so crispy and prefect...we all love grandma's food, right!:)

Renus Kitchen said...

The cake looks good. I have tried honey but never maple syrup!! will give it a try

Cham said...

I never made with maple syrup! Looks so moist and fluffy.

Raks said...

Looks very soft and juicy! Yummy cake !

Sum Raj said...

woo cake looks juicy and spongy..

chef and her kitchen said...

cake looks perfect and soft....yummy yummy....

Saritha said...

Cake looks perfect and great,yummyyyyyyyyyyyy

Shama Nagarajan said...

new different one........looks yummy...lovely

Unknown said...

wooooooow so soft and moist looks so so mouthwatering Neema great job

AnuSriram said...

Lovely cake.. looks moist and delicious! Your layout is cool.. Looks gr8!

Kumudha said...

So many delicious vegan recipes here!

Thanks for sharing tasty recipes.

Varsha Vipins said...

I can imagine the baked cake smell,with tat Maple syrup in it..yumm-o!

Yasmeen said...

Maple syrup?Yummy!

Ammu said...

Maple syrup cake looks awesome. Perfectly baked. Never heard abt this before. will try soon.

Anonymous said...

it does look amazing!!! it looks so moist... must be so yum... :)

rosasdolcevita said...

This looks absolutely yummy! Will have to make it soon. :-)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This cake looks amazing N33ma. Maple syrup season just ended so I am sure there is a bounty of that liquid gold out there for me to buy:D

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow awesome cake...Looks soft and moist...Adding maple syrup gives an yummy twist to the cake...

Deepthi Shankar said...

thatz an amazing one .. lovely flavors there

Subhie Arun said...

yummyyyyyyyyyy ..i can smell the bake cake wth maple syrup...grt bake!!

Ann said...

looks perfectly delish!

rosasdolcevita said...

I finally came around to making this cake today and it was absolutely moist and delicious! My one year old also had fun helping me make it. :-)

Milk is listed in the ingredients but not in the directions ... I wasn't sure when to add it in so I added it to the wet ingredients before adding the flour mixture.

Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

Recipeswap said...

Thanks for trying this cake out Rosabela.oops sorry abt the typo.Step 3 says mix the maple syrup,water and vanilla........its actually milk or water-any one of the two.Thanks for pointing that out.

Chaya said...

I love the golden cinnamon color of the cake. It is a piece of art. I plan to make this, tomorrow , if I have time and I am planning to make time.

I love the flavor of maple syrup. I have to love this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)