Wishing Everyone a very Happy Ugadi!!!!!!
Hola,My kitchen today is totally rocking coz we are making some Taco Salad Bowls and Open Faced Tacos ,not only is it fiesty but also healthy,yummy and vegetarian(for a change).The first time I ate Mexican food was at believe it or not taco bell and I was totally floored,loved the colors,texture and the distinct flavors too.The next time was in On the border and I realised that Mexican food has never ending possibilities.... after that I have been trying to find the local ,small Mexican restaurants /diners and I really like the different kinds of really authentic food.
Vegetarian Taco Salad bowl with Spanish Rice
Ingredients
- Taco bowls get recipe here
- shredded lettuce
- cubed tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp cilantro
- pinto beans(I used rajma)
- Spanish rice get recipe here (I used veg broth instead of chicken broth)
Method
- MAke the taco bowls.
- Place the bowl on a plate and layer with rice,beans,lettuce,tomatoes/salsa and sour cream and garnish with cilantro.
Open faced taco idea is inspired from what I once ate from a man making and selling food from a van and believe me it was truly splendid.
My own spin on these open faced tacos is the slightly stir fried ivy gourd ,adding that made it interesting and gave it a nice crunch.
Open faced Taco
Ingredients
- 1 tortilla
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes,
- stir fried ivy gourd slices
- sour cream.
Method
- Heat the tortilla till warm and assemble everything on it


27 comments:
i would love to taste those taco bowls. looks appetizing.
hehe that looks grrrreat! wish I could dig in!!
that's a yummy bowl! looks tempting!
Salad looks soo refreshing ..I love the taco bowl!
tempting ones...
Yummy salad.....
Delicous mexican fiesta!
Happy ugadi to you too dear ooohh wow that looks so tempting iwish ican come to your place yummmmm
yummm..Seems like am also totally into Mexican food now..Not that I am bigg fan,but I love it better than many others..Fajita's are my fav..Looks like u had a grand feast..colroful n yummyy..:)
Looks tempting and delicious !
Yummy bowl Neema, looks delicious! love mexican food n this makes me hungry!
It looks very refreshing for me :)....lovely colour combo...yummy
Nice blog neema..first time here..salad is looking delicious....Mouthwatering butter chicken..
Taco bell is still on the top of my list! Chalupa supreme.. thinking about that makes me drool... Your dishes looks delcious and inviting! I wanted to try making this taco bowl at home!
happy ugadi to you too..im generally not a big fan of tacos but this one looks especially delicious!
Happy Ugadi to you too. Tacos salad looks colorful. I am sure my son would love to dig into that bowl
Happy Ugadi! to you too!
Simple & really interesting dish.
Happy Ugadi wishes ..
and its' being ages we have eaten some good mexican food , here options are limited..
we used to love to got Onthe Border and Taco bell while staying in US ...our fav was chicken fajitas...these looks absoultely yumm..
hugs and smiles
yummy bowl Neema! healthy looking salad..
lovley dishes.very interesting and new to me.
looks soo delicious and great..
that looks delicious .. I love mexican food
Hola,your taco salad looks great and so colourful!! I adore Mexican food mmmmm...
Yummy salad neema..! Happy ugadi too:)
a bowl of healthy yummy tasty salad... i hope that is for me only right.
There is an authentic Mexican place south of here. It is so much fun to recreate these authentic flavours at home:D
Post a Comment