
Rolled up,breaded stuffed chicken breast
This is one dish that I have to share with all you chicken lovers.I have never been this proud of my cooking abilities ....Yay I'm elated with this creation!!!!!!!!!!It all started coz last night I couldn't sleep and my ever active mind was on a roll as usual and I put together this chicken dish (yea all in my head) .
Inspiration was definitely from the chicken dish that I like in a local Italian Eatery which is awesome ,basically its a chicken breast which is slit and then stuffed with ricotta and spinach ,baked and then served with marinara sauce....come to think of it I make cannelloni pasta like this but without the chicken....
For the past one week I have been following a low carb diet and that means more proteins and veggies...and since chicken is my all time fav bird I look forward to cooking/eating it.I wanted to use the chicken breast and since I didn't have ricotta nor spinach on hand I had to put on my thinking cap for this and I came up with my own version.
Instead of ricotta I made a creamy broccoli filling and whipped up a ( similar to the stuffing) creamy sauce with cream cheese and garlic to add an amazing flavor,Stuffed the chicken and baked it and topped it off with the sauce.
My husband and I loved it.......and he actually thought I spent a long time trying to dish this beauty out but nahhhhhhhhhh not me......it took me about 25 minutes including the baking time......looks like a long process but its not :)
Indregients
1 chicken breast
1 cup cooked brocolli
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup bell peppers
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 red onion finely chopped
3/4 cup milk
3 tbsps cream cheese
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika powder(optional)
2 tsps Olive oil/butter
3 tbsps bread crumbs( optional/combined with parmesan if you are thin and happy)
1 tsp Freshly ground pepper
Lime rind(optional)
salt
Method
Chicken
- Slit(horizontally) the chicken breast completely into two if its a chunky one.Go on to slit horizontally again but dont slit it completely( it should be joined at the end).
- Rub the chicken breast with oil, salt,pepper, little oregano and the rind and keep aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- Heat oil in a skillet when hot add half of garlic ,onions and oregano.
- Add the brocolli,1 1/2 tbsp cream cheese and salt.
- Mix well and add 1/2 of the milk.
- Cook till it combines well and thickens quite a bit(should not be runny)


Place the stuffing ( about 2 tbsps dont overload it) in the slit chicken and press down/seal with a tooth pick (I didnt,and it turned out fine)
Coat with bread crumbs.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes or till done.
This recipe is done right here but I went ahead and made a sauce to top it off
Sauce For the topping
- Heat oil,add the remaing garlic,onion and oregano.
- Add the mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Cream cheese,milk,paprika and salt.
- Boil for about 3 minutes or till its a little thick this can be a little runny.
- Once the chicken is done pour over the chicken and voila its all yours to relish

If you have any questions regarding this I will be more than happy to answer :)
17 comments:
hey that looks so intresting sure can try this for my hubby(Iam a strict vegetarian) mmm looks very colorfull also nice try dear but after diwali
I could make this tasty creation for my dear hubby ,he is big low carb fan:)
I've an award waiting for you at my blog,please collect:)
You know our love for all things chicken N33ma. This would be a perfect meal for me with a side of potatoes:D
this is definitely a great creation!!! must taste so good... :)
Looks just awesome..
This sound so differnt. Nice recipe. Healthy too. YUM!
Wish u a happy Diwali!!!
WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS DIWALI......
Happy Deepavali! n33ma.
I love the cheesy crust of the chicken. They are sure tasty ur chicken!
Wishing you a Happy Diwali
stuffed chicken with broccoli looks great.
wish you happy Diwali
hugs and smiles
Wow this looks really irresistible....chicken looks juicy stuffed with brocolli...
Wishing u and ur family Happy Diwali...
Happy diwaali to you and your family....Have fun!!!!
Lovely mouthwatering recipe...wish you a very Happy Deepavali!!
Hi n33ma,
I'm on a low carb diet too.. have another blog as a food+workout journal. Check my profile if you want to visit it.
This recipe looks great and will work for my diet too. I'll give it a try soon.
I noticed you have a South beach diet blog. Will you writing on that too?
chicken looks deleciouss
Something Yummy yummy.
that looks delicious!
Post a Comment