Thought of making a dish which is colorful and a wee bit different than the usual,my pantry didnt show any such items nor did my freezer.I saw the Beetroots in my fridge an immediately thought of the betroot halwa.I've never made any halwa other than carrot halwa ever but this was good.

My friend S and my husband liked it infact S said that now she likes the beetroot halwa more than the normal carrot halwa.Like always this was a simple,few ingredients recipe but had a long cooking time( thats not something that like,standing in front of stove for long on a hot day) nevertheless it tasted wonderful and well worth the effort.
It was so good that I'm wondering if there is any event that I can send it to.I got this from here
You need
- 4-5 big beetroot
- 1 1/2 litre milk
- 1.5 cups sugar
- elaichi powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
Method
- Peel and grate beetroot in a food processor.
- Combine milk and beetroot in a heavy saucepan and Boil till thick, stirring occassionally.
- Once it starts thickening, stir continuously.
- Add thensugar and cook till thickens it will take about 45 mins.
- Add ghee and elachi .
- Stir on low heat till the mixture collects in a soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
- Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.
No comments:
Post a Comment