Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chicken Do Pyaz


I just saw a blog with some mouth watering sweets and I cant think of anything but that now......droolllllll ,anyways coming back to Chicken Do pyaz this again is a simple and delicious dish.The originally recipe called for mutton but I prefer chicken to mutton anyday hence the chicken do pyaz.

This is also my entry for
Event for the Month - Chicken hosted by Vandana of Cooking up something nice.

You need:

chicken pieces with bones
2 big onions chopped

3 red chillies
1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
1 cup curds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp corriander powder

1 tsp turmeric

6 cloves
4 cardamoms

1 cinnamon stick

corriander leaves
salt

Method
  1. Mix one onion,turmeric,red chillies,cumin seeds,ginger and garlic and curds and blend to a fine paste.
  2. Heat oil in a pan,add the other onion along with the spices and fry well.Add the chicken pieces and cook till browned on all sides.
  3. Put the curds,the blended mixture and the powders along with salt.
  4. Cover and look on low till the chicken is done and is dry.
  5. Garnish with corriander leaves.

3 comments:

FH said...

I am drooling here! Looks so delicious Neema, I will try!:)

Recipeswap said...

lol..yea this was a v delicioussss

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I prefer chicken to lamb any day of the week N33ma!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)