Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spinach And Ricotta Cannelloni


My favorite food at any Italian restaurant is cannelloni with spinach and ricotta cheese besides lasagna.
This is the first time that I tried cannelloni at home and was such a hit and its very simple as well........though it was a little too heavy we loved it.

As usual I made a few variations.......I used mixed shredded cheese instead of just Parmesan cheese and stored bought cannelloni .

To make the cannelloni you need


8 cannelloni cooked and drained
2 cups tomato sauce(I used the tomato,onion and garlic pasta sauce)
1.5 cups cooked and chopped spinach
2 cups ricotta cheese
salt
2 tbsp oregano
2 tbsp basil

Method

1.Mix together spinach,ricotta cheese,salt.oregano and basil.
2.Heat the oven to 350 degree F.
3.Place the filling in the cannelloni
4.Pour 1/3 of the sauce onto the pan,then place the cannelloni and pour the remaining sauce on top of the cannelloni.
5.Spread the cheese on top

6.Bake for 30 mins till the cheese melts.

1 comment:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

As it so happens I went to an Italian restaurant with some friends on Monday night for a birthday celebration and had canneloni. There was a time when I used to make this...thanks for the inspiration:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)