Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Chapulu Pulusu
When we moved to the US we met a lot of telugu people before that we didnt know too many of them.I had always thought that their food will be similar to the ones that we make in Karnataka with slight variations,on eating their food it opened up a whole new perspective on Andhra cuisine.I love the pappus,pachadis,ariselu and more than anything chapulu pulusu.
A few months before my pregnancy,I was trying to shed a couple of pounds and I was nt eating rice though I would crave for it,I somehow managed to stay of it .
Then one afternoon S walks in with her Chapulu Pulusu and says it goes well with hot rice,that day my dieting vanished just like that into thin air.Anyways that was the very first time that I ate it.
Its was quite sometime since I made this yummy fish dish and so I made it for dinner and as S says it does go very well with hot rice.
Heres how she makes it
Marinate
Fish pieces (we use tilapia) in methi powder,salt tumeric,chilli powder and tamdrind water.
Heat oil-fry onions,ginger garlic paste,tomatoes till they are mushy.
Put in the marinade and the fish and cook till its done.
Garnish with corriander leaves.
YUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM
This is also happens to be my entry/contribution for the Grindless Gravies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)

2 comments:
Hi Neema, thanks for this entry, one of the few non-veg ones I have. Chepala Pulusu is a great favourite of many people I know, made well, it can be a real pleaser.
Hi! I found your blog from Val's, great recipes :)
This dish sounds fabulous!
Post a Comment