I fried 1 big onion which I chopped lenghtwise ,went on to add the spices-cloves,cardamom,cumin seeds, bayleaf.......make sure that the onions are nice and golden brown only then you get the brown color , add the basmati rice and fry it as well, finally add enough water and salt.Add finely chopped fried Almonds.
Pulao
Mughlai Chicken
Another easy recipe,
Wash and dry the chicken- I use chicken with bones and skin.......otherwise I feel you dnt get the rich taste.
Heat oil,fry onions add the spices followed by ginger garlic paste,garam masala,chilli powder,tumeric powder and some corriander powder while that is frying marinate some saffron in curds and let it sit.Now add chicken to the onions and fry for some time.Add chicken stock and salt but you can add water instead of the chicken stock.
Now proceed to add the curds.Let it cook till the chicken in tender.
You can actually make a layer of the pulao followed by a layer of the mughlai chicken add some fried onions and repeat the layers.garnish with fried onions ,fried almonds and some mint and corriander leaves.
I didnt make the layers coz my husband prefers to mix the chicken and rice himself while eating and also I can use the chicken gravy the next day for chappatis .........
Cake





2 comments:
Neema, happy 2nd anniversary to both you! Our 21st anniversary is on Dec 7th!!:D
Food looks yum glad you kheer and liked it. Cake looks fabulous and chicken got me drooling.Enjiy and wish you many more happy returns!:)
I posted my last today at FH,check it out.I will be taking a break until 12th, see you then!:)
Post a Comment