Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tiramisu - Eggless


 The thought of eating raw eggs does not sit well with me at all, not that I have never ever tasted a teeny tiny bit of cake batter etc which has raw eggs in it :) but a plate full of dessert -I can never stomach it. I looked for a really long time for a Tiramisu recipe with no eggs in it and finally came across this fabulous recipe and very easy too.

This recipe is no where close to the traditional recipe as I have not used raw eggs, mascaporne cheese etc but it was really, really tasty.I got this eggless version from Ellie  (Thanks a ton Ellie) who in turn got it from Gordan Ramsay.
Ellie used mascarpone cheese and Marsala and I used cream cheese and rum ;)


Just make sure to share this rich and satisfying dessert with family and friends.

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup cream cheese
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 TBS Rum- optional
  • Kahlua, to taste- optional
  • 9 TBS powdered sugar, divided
  • 1 cup strong cold coffee
  • 30 ladyfinger biscuits 
  • unsweetened cocoa for dusting

Method

1. Whip cream and 6 TBS sugar to stiff peaks and set aside or you could use cool whip.
2. Mix cream cheese with rum, vanilla and a bit of Kahlua to taste. Whisk till medium soft peaks.
3. Fold in the cream cheese mixture with most of the sweetened whipped cream.Make sure to leave a bit for decoration.
4. Combine coffee plus 3 TBS powdered sugar in a shallow bowl.
5. Dip the lady finer biscuits in coffee mixture and place in pan.(I too used a spring foam pan like Ellie but felt that the outside of my Tiramisu did not look neat at all but Ellies looks great.Another way would be to make individual portions in a tall see through glass) .
6. Add a portion of the cream cream mixture and level it out and sprinkle cocoa. Repeat once for  two layers or repeat twice for 3 layer.
7.Refrigerate for alteast 4 hours .
This dessert can be decorated in many ways, with whipped cream, biscuits,chocolate shavings , sprinkle of cocoa or icing sugar etc.


 Enjoy!!

18 comments:

Indranee Batabyal said...

Nice recipe...looks tempting!

Savi-Ruchi said...

eggless tiramisu, that sounds interesting!

Unknown said...

Delicious dessert!

Kannada Cuisine said...

Me luv cake batters, but cannot stand the smell of eggs in ice-creams! strange right. Tiramisu too..I prefer mine without eggs! looks fab!

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

awesum luking..loved the pics...nice one n easy to make..
Maha

Priya Suresh said...

Makes me drool..feel like grabbing that plate and having rite now..

Cham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cham said...

I never even tasted yet tiramisu though it is widely available. This looks perfectly tasty !

Reshmi said...

this looks yum.. me first time here... do drop at my space Noel collections and join if you like it.. happy to follow you.. :)

Jaya M said...

Love Tiramisu and this eggless version sounds so good..thanks for sharing this Gordon Ramsay recipe..hugs

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said...

nwe to ur space nice to follow u.do drop my space and joint wen ur free.
Tiramisu luks awesome.Eggles version i never tried

Recipeswap said...

Thanks girls for the kind words.

Unknown said...

first time in ur space n I absolutely loved it....the eggless version of the tiramisu looks fabulous dear...bookmarked !!!following ur space now!!!do visit our site http://www.onlyfishrecipes.com/ in ur free time :-)

http://www.onlyfishrecipes.com/

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

looks irresistably hearty..;)
Tasty Appetite

Pragyan said...

Nice take on the traditional recipe..I have a few rum recipes and my husband is not a big fan of those for obvious reasons! :)

Julie said...

Delicious slice of Tiramisu,one of my fav..n the eggless version looks perfect!
Thanx for dropping by my space,happy to follow you:D

Join me in the ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
ERIVUM PULIYUM

Anonymous said...

Unique recipe, tiramisu looks so yummy n irresistible.

Padhu Sankar said...

Looks awesome! Tempting pics

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)