Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chicken Biryani

Wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me if I want to eat Chicken Biryani and I wont ever say no!I think im totally in love with biryani especially the hyderabadi ones.This biryani is actually a combination of two recipes from two friends,I like both the recipes and thought why not combine both methods to get a great recipe.More over its simple and easy to make too.


Ingredients

Chicken 2 lbs marinated in
1 cup curds,paste of 1 onion and 8 chillies, 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste,1 tbsp corriander powder,1 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp cinnamon powder.

3 cups rice
cooked in rice cooker with 3 cups of water,little oil and whole spices like cloves,cardamoms and bay leaf and 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder.

Other ingredients
1 big onion chopped, whole spices,1 tsp shahi jeera,10 peppercorns,1 tsp ginger and garlic paste,salt,1 tbsp Shan Sindhi Biryani powder,1 cup of chopped mint and corriander,few strands of saffron dissolved in 3 tbsp of water.

Method
1.Marinate the chicken for atleast 8 hrs.
2.Cook the rice and let it cool.
3.Heat oil in a big pan or use a big wok,when hot add the hot spices followed by the peppercorns,shahi jeera .
4.Put in the onions and fry till its almost golden brown.Put in the ginger and garlic paste and fry for some more time.
5.Now add half of the mint and corriander.
6.Add salt and the biryani powder.
7.now add the marinated chicken and let it cook well,adjust the salt and chilli powder.
8.Once the chicken in cooked and the gravy looks,smells and tastes good,its time to assemble the biryani.
9.pre-heat the oven to 350.
10.Take a tray and place half the rice followed by the corriander and mint leaves and saffron water,spread half of the chicken and follow the same procedure for the remaining rice and chicken.
10.Cover with a foil and cook for about 25-30 mins.



25 comments:

Sailaja Damodaran said...

All time favorite....

Sushma Mallya said...

My fav too...looks delicious...

Anonymous said...

I love briyani any time too!! that thigh piece in the briyani looks well marinated and delicious!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

You could wake me up to eat this
N33ma.

Shama Nagarajan said...

yummy yummy tasty tasty.....i too will not say 'no' to yummy biriyani

FH said...

Haha!! Wake me up too, love chicken Biryani. Looks so yum.

Malar Gandhi said...

Oh, now comeon...you didnt invite me:( This looks verrrry tempting:) I am a die hard fan of biriyanis:)

Juliana said...

Yummie, this rice dish with chicken looks absolutely delicious...love rice dishes :-)

Unknown said...

biriyani looks super....feel like having some biriyani rite now...thats one dish that i nver get fed up even i eat all day..:)

Matteo said...

looks delicious, I have never eaten it but I wrote the recipe to try it soon!!!!

Cham said...

Haha My son will say that! U make me hungry with this tasty biryani!

Tina said...

Looks perfect and delicious....

Sunitha said...

My favourite too and it looks great.

Namitha said...

My all time fav..looks tempting :-)

San!!! said...

Ohhhh lipsmacking buryani.I can have chicken biryani at any time so count me in.Thanks for visiting my blog n for your comments.You have a neat space.Following you.

Yasmeen said...

yum! I have the same liking for biryanis :D

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Oh i too love chicken biryani, i cant say no to it. Looks delectable da....

my kitchen said...

Such a Tempting Briyani.Pongal wishes to you & your family

3 hungry tummies said...

Great blog! Now I'm craving for some of this!

FH said...

Chickemn Biryani is my fave too, always order at the restaurant and eat for 2 days. They always taste better next day! :)

Your's look delicious, nice color.Great post.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Biryani looks perfect and delicious. For my husband Sunday special dinner means Biryani :-)
Amazed to see the varities here. Great job
Will be following you.....
do drop in sometime
Deepa
http://hamareerasoi.blogspot.com/

Roochi said...

waaaaaw biryani, the chicken looks juicy.. reminds me of the biryani that i used to love from one of the hotels in bangalore.

Roochi
www.roochis.blogspot.com

Srivalli said...

That looks great..another one for me to try..hope you are doing good..take care.

Haddock said...

Long time not had Chicken Biryani

PadminiChandra said...

A delicious biryani with delicious flavors... I tried and it turned out awesome... Thank u for a wonderful recipe...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)