Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Methi Chicken



Posted by Picasa
Methi(fenugreek) chicken is one of the first few recipes that I tried when I was new at cooking........the first time I always follow the instructions and then when I make it the next time I try and change it a little bit so suit my palate better.I remember when we first moved here I didnt have a food processor for a week or so and every recipe I tried had onions and tomatoes in them and I would wonder if thats all there was to cooking :)
For this recipe I used dry methi (i.e Kasoori Methi) the original recipe calls for fresh methi since I can't find fresh methi I use Kasoori methi.
For the Methi chicken you need
1 lb Chicken
5 oz or chicken stock or water
2 large tomatoes chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup methi leaves or kasoori methi
spices like cardamom,cloves,cinnamon,bayleaf,cumin seeds
salt
garam masal powder
Chilli powder.
Method
  1. Heat oil in a large pan ,when its hot add the spices followed by the ginger garlic paste and the methi leaves and fry for about 2 mins.
  2. Add the onions and when its almost cooked add the tomatoes,the chilli powder,garam masala powder and the salt.
  3. Now add the chicken to the pan and let it fry for about 5 mins and then go on to add the chicken stock
  4. Let it cook till the chicken is done and the gravy is reduced.
  5. Garnish with methi leaves.

2 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

You make it sound so easy N33ma:D

Swati Raman Garg said...

chicken queen ho yaar tum to.... amazing... love the different looks of your chicken

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)