Wednesday, March 05, 2008

South Indian Meal




The photo here shows a simple south Indian vegetarian meal which has Rice,Curry,Yogurt and Pickle.
In South India, people eat rice as the main course, which is combined with the Vegetable lentil curry ) ,one dry curried vegetable side dish (Aloo Bhindi) ,some tomato pickle and homemade yogurt.
Yogurt is a must in Indian food as it helps to regulate digestion and boots the immune system.

2 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This sounds like a delicious meal to me Neema. When I am going on a trip to Mexico I always eat plenty of yogurt for weeks before I go.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Neema I am fascinated by Indian cusine and am learning so much from your blog. I am going to incorporate what i am learning from you in my cooking.

Also, thanks for visitng my blog and for your kind words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for visiting my Blog,Do come back again :)